Emotional Health and Weight-Loss
Food has evolved throughout the years and has become a part of many cultures around the world. Today, it is seen not only as a means to nourish the physical body but the mind and other foundations that make a person, as well. The connection between food and emotion is undeniable, so your weight and weight-loss issues could have its roots traced to your emotional health.
Have you ever experienced craving and eating junk food when you’re feeling angry, stressed or happy? How about that traumatic experience of yours that made you lose your appetite and that even the best strawberry shortcake in town could not tempt you to bite? Why does some turn to beer when their heart breaks? Tears and chicken soup, anyone? You see, food is no longer simply to fill empty stomachs. This is tricky when it comes to weight-loss. Emotional eating could be the answer to why your weight won’t budge a bit.
Signs you’re emotionally eating:
- You grab a bag of chips and eat it in one sitting while thinking of a stressful situation
- You tend to eat or when you are feeling anxious or stressed
- You eat until you feel stuffed, and regret it afterwards but the cycle goes on
- You tend to reward yourself with food
- You eat whether you’re hungry or not
- You celebrate with cook-outs, food trip and buffet meals
- You have a secret stash of nibbles and junk food under your bed
- You feel safe when you have food and unsafe when there’s none
- You eat to make yourself feel better
When you relate to more than one of the signs mentioned above, then maybe it’s high time you rethink your relationship with food. Then there is a great possibility that you may understand the root cause of your weight issues. Healing your gut starts with healing emotional health.
Thank you for reading! For more go to ysweightloss!