How to Rewire the Brain and Lose Weight
Never underestimate the power your brain has over your body. It can trick your body into believing that it is already “full,” and it can also make it “hungry” even if it is not.
The thing is, how to use this potential of your brain to lose weight? Rewiring the brain is a matter of practising good habits until it becomes a lifestyle.
It can be likened to the marketing strategy that believes that watching a T.V. commercial for several times will teach your brain to want the product advertised.
So, where do you start?
Below are some healthy practices to start with to rewire your brain and make weight-loss less stressful:
- Make water your best friend. Always have a bottle with you. It hydrates, makes your skin glow, cleanses your system and keeps your cravings at bay.
- Have a work-out plan that you can follow. Be realistic when choosing an exercise routine. Take into consideration time- a number of hours you can spare, space- if you plan to do it at home, finances- especially when buying equipment, gym memberships- scout for those that are affordable and where you can maximize your value money.
- Remember that there can be no healthy way to lose weight without exercising. Diets that claim can do weight-loss without exercise s a sign of a fad.
- Learn how to healthy binge – If you cannot immediately remove snacking from your system, then at least do it with healthy food. Carrot or celery sticks, boiled eggs, dry crackers, kale, raw nuts, etc.
- Always read the ingredients list of the snack you buy. The fewer ingredients, the better. Avoid snacks with sugar, fat and artificial additives
- Get lots of sleep – Sleep tends to be the most overlooked habit when it comes to overall health. Keep in mind that if you are serious about your health and your weight, sleep is your best friend. Lack of sleep is one of the reasons for obesity. So always make time for a 7-8h sleep per day. Also, it is a good idea to have a rest during the day. So take a nap if possible, or just relax for a bit with green tea.
- Change your everyday routine. Things we do every day regularly matters the most. Are you a coffee addict? Switch you caramel macchiato to black americano without a sugar. Add a bit of honey if you are not able to drink it without any sweetener. Are you always craving for a dessert after lunch or dinner? Treat yourself with fruit instead of a cake or a cookie. Do you like to eat out? Start cooking at home. Eating fast-foods is the worst enemy when it goes to weight loss. Also, cooking by yourself makes you eat actually much less. Are you eating fast? Slow down! You will notice you are getting full and you will eat less!
Best of luck on your weight-loss journey.
We hoped you liked this article!
For more click here.